EnerPlex Kickr IV Review
EnerPlex sent the
The way I went about testing the Kick IV was by using multiple levels of sunlight and multiple chargeable entities. I tested the iPhone 5c, an iPad 3 and a GoPro Hero HD. I tested the
My initial thoughts as I began testing where not so good, I tested in intermittent light and had the issue of the iPhone "not being supported". Then I tested in cloudy level light, the device did charge, but very slow and it did cause the iPhone to read the error message again. Finally, I tested in heavy, direct sunlight. I was pleased that my iPhone started to charge at a great rate, 1.5 hours for a full charge. I proceeded to test the GoPro and the iPad as well. I was not able to get any charge on the iPad, however, the GoPro charged well in both cloudy and direct sunlight. The GoPro was able to charge, without error to a full charge in 1.25 of direct sunlight. The benefit to the GoPro was that it didn't error out and stop charging.
- Charges quickly in direct sunlight.
- Easy storage, light weight (.6 lbs.)
- Good amount of power (6.5 Watt, 5 Volt)
- No included or attached battery.
- Difficult to use directly with Apple device. (Android would not have the same issue.)
- The included cable did not fit my devices.
In summation, the Kickr IV shows itself to be a top of the line solar charger from EnerPlex. It works best with direct sunlight, low power input devices, and time. If you are looking for a charger that will help you in a camping scenario, a survival scenario, or even just a way for you to save on energy, then this little guy will do the trick. Whether you buy it or not is up to you! Do you have a EnerPlex solar charger? What do you think?
- Buy a battery along with the solar charger, this will help with Apple error messages and will allow you to charge other items more quickly! Enerplex offers the
- Grab a few small carabiners and clip them to the
KickrIV, they will help greatly alongside the included straps to hook the charger to different items.
I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.