The ORION 35 Cooler Review
The Orion Cooler arrived and we about jumped for joy. We were very excited to get into testing this beast of a cooler. We have a few coolers in the house as well as a few bag coolers that have come as testers as well. But overall, I wouldn't say we have any truly tough coolers, built for the outdoors. So from the get-go we knew that testing this cooler was going to be a pleasure.
Our Initial thoughts about the Orion 35
We were unboxing the cooler and had some first view, initial thoughts of the Orion 35 that we wanted to share as these are some of the most important and unbiased thoughts before testing truly begins.
- We were surprised by the weight, but also impressed as that means it isn't going anywhere easily!
- We were unimpressed by the amount of space inside the cooler, though we knew the size we were getting, when you look at the outside and then the inside you are a bit taken aback by the small amount of space.
- We really liked that there were so many connecting points on the outside in order to strap it down well.
- We liked how rugged the handles were and how they weren't just bare rope or cheap plastic.
The Uses For The Orion 35
We evaluated the cooler and we came up with a list of the top 10 ways for you to use the cooler yet this summer!
- Out on the boat
- On a weekend camping trip with your family
- To carry some brewskis out on your 4 wheeling adventure
- Kayak fishing, especially with your Jackson Kayak
- A whitewater rafting trip with the Rivermen
- A Canoe trip, though maybe not the most enjoyable to portage.
- A hunting trip
- A weekend fishing trip out on the lake
- A chair on the back deck
- And if you are really ambitious, incorporate it full of ice into your daily workout routine.
Specs of the Orion 35
So we wanted to also pull together a list of the specs of the Orion 35 for you to review because we know that no matter how much we explain, you really need to see the facts for yourself!
- Price: $419
- Volume: 35 quarts/8.75 Gallons
- Weight: 26.8 Lbs.
- Height: 16.8 Inches
- Width: 20.5 Inches
- Depth: 17.8 Inches
Our Thoughts After Reviewing The Orion 35
We really loved the opportunity to test out this rad cooler. Throughout the test we were impressed by the ability of the cooler to perform well in many areas. Whether as a great and easy to use cooler or even as a seat. We took it on trips, to cabins and so much more and it performed excellently. It kept our food, beer and more cool to a T and after using it quite a bit it wasn't too big in the long run. We do wish that it would have stayed cool and kept the ice intact just a bit longer and we wish the outer core was a bit smaller, but overall this cooler is top of the line and well worth the cost. One of the greatest strengths of this cooler was durability, whether a 200 pound man sitting it, it falling out of a vehicle, or just carrying it around, it wins the durability contest every time. Your typical Walmart cooler cannot live up to that by any means. We would highly recommend this cooler to anyone looking for max durability. The cooler also wins in flexibility, you can use this cooler just about anywhere needed. We mentioned above, all of the awesome ways to use it and there are so many more as well. Go give it a try and you won't regret it.
Explorer Gear Rating
So all that to say, we have rated the cooler a solid 4.0 out of 5. It has a lot going for it, the only performance issues we struggled with were size and cold keeping, which would have made it a 5 if it had lasted just a bit longer.
I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.